Search This Blog

Saturday, August 16, 2014

That secret project...

A little while ago I wrote about a secret knitting project that I was working on and I showed a rather blurry photo of the back of the work...
Doesn't show much at all does it?

Last weekend I handed over the finished throw to Nanette, the new owner, so now I can show the front of it here on the blog :-)
Like most of my throws, I folded this one up and tied it with a bow...thus...but still only showing the wrong side...lol

But before I did that I got DH to take a photo of the rug with me holding it out to show all the colours. Nanette chose pinks, mauves and purples with a soft mid grey main colour as the background. It turned out to be a lovely soft throw with that beautiful lightness typical of mohair yarns.


Thank you for all those messages wishing me a speedy recovery from the RSI...the good news is that since having a 4 day break from crafting, knitting does not produce the soreness and aching that crocheting does...so more throws to come! (I do use the ergonomic crochet hooks too) But also, in the garden, I will  avoid pulling up tough clumps of grass and weeds and use the long handled secateurs for pruning and trimming. A life without crafting would be horrible so 'an ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure'...as they say! 

8 comments:

Susan said...

Your throw is gorgeous as always...Glad to hear your hand is a bit better.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely piece! The colors are wonderful and the pattern is nice. Amazing how front and back look so different.

Have a nice weekend ~ FlowerLady

Una said...

That throw is gorgeous and such a good size as well.

Cath said...

You make the most beautiful rugs I have ever seen Maria.......so glad the wrist in on the mend.

Lyn said...

Simply gorgeous and the colours blend so well together..

Anonymous said...

Maria the throw looks absolutely beautiful. And I bet it feels even better.
So sorry to read about your RSI, especially for you as someone who gets so much pleasure - and gives so much to others - with your crafting.
Hope you get relief from it very soon.

Nanette said...

I can vouch for that throw....it looks absolutely beautiful in my lounge room, and feels so soft and lovely and snuggle.....I have it tucked over my knees tonight. Thankyou Maria, you did a wonderful job. Hope that RSI improves soon, it'd be horrible for you not to be able to do any craft.

Mizumatte said...

oh so beautiful throw and so are the colours too.Jaana