Search This Blog

Friday, August 29, 2014

Missy's Quilt finished and handed over...

I wrote a while ago about starting a little quilt for Missy who is DD2's partner's dog. Apparently Missy was rather jealous of Jimmy's quilt and kept trying to take it from him. So I made another one...
Yesterday I met DD2 in the city, during her lunch break and handed over the new quilt.
Those 2 large appliqued bones stand out...lol
 The binding was made with all the scrap 2 1/2 inch strips...and I even had some left over.

And this time I remembered to attach a label...

DD2 and her partner were thrilled; Missy seemed pleased and Jimmy must have smelled my scent as DD2 reported he jumped up on to it...?
I don't have a photo of the dogs with the new quilt but I have this photo of them that DD2 took when she first bought them a new winter outfit...Missy is on the right...


Meanwhile back at our place, Eduardo had found a new 'bed'...on top of the pile of blankets I've made out of donated squares for K4BN...


He will wonder what has happened to his nice soft bed when the blankets are bundled up and handed over for distribution. Then again, I suppose he will just go back to snuggling into the throw that I made for DH years ago! Lol

8 comments:

Dorothy said...

I love a pet post and enjoyed seeing Missy and her friend as well as Eduardo who looks way too cosy on that blanket !! You're so kind to make Missy a lovely quilt - hope she enjoys it. xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria. That quilt is so cute, and I love that you have added the personalised label.
How is your wrist now? Best wishes. Jean

Mizumatte said...

mine two still sleeps on 'grandmas och papa's' beds so I can't take the sheets away, I've my laudryday on Tuesday so... Take care and have a lovely springtime. Jaana

Maria said...

Hi Maria,
What a great doggy quilt you have made for Missy.
Really like the fabrics and the appliquéd bones.
Cute photo of them in their new winter attire.

Maria said...

P.S. Enduro looks very comfy on those cosy bright blankets ...

Vireya said...

Your doggy quilt is very cute. All those animals look like they have nice lives, with their jumpers, quilts and piles of blankets to sleep on!

Susan said...

no pampered pets in your domain Maria!!...well maybe a little ??Great job on Missy's quilt.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

I always enjoy making quilts for my kitlets. That is so very sweet of you to make Missy her own quilt and it's perfect! Eduardo sure looks comfy. I am sure he will get over the loss by napping on another quilt :)

-Soma