Search This Blog

Friday, August 15, 2014

FNSI with RSI...

Looks like I'm 'talking in initials' doesn't? Apparently the weakness in my right hand when I was pulling out weeds a couple of weeks ago is linked to the ache I developed in both my wrists early this week...somehow I've managed to develop a Repetitive Strain Injury and have had to take a bit of a backward step from sewing, knitting and especially crocheting. The last time I did any crocheting was last Monday and it hurt, which is rather sad as I was on such a roll joining squares into blankets and making granny squares. The good news is that there is a definite improvement and I have relented and purchased a pair of wrist and hand support gloves from Judy Hall (Punch with Judy) and hopefully they will arrive next week. 
So this month's Friday Night Sew In has been a little different...but I kept myself busy nonetheless :-)
Firstly, I took photos of the lovely items my sister in law and her friend made for K4BN....I can now send these photos to the group's Facebook page...
Firstly some baby blankets made by Ada my SiL's friend...5 beautifully made blankies....

A gorgeous crocheted rug from Mary, my SiL....

And Mary has sewn lots of children's quilts for the group as well...


And Mary made some drawstring bags too...


I sandwiched the layers of the 'dog quilt'...I cheated and used some iron on batting and I used polar fleece for the backing. My friend Pamela often backs quilts with polar fleece, even ones that go to the professional quilter, so I thought I'd give it a go. Missy the dog might get her quilt this winter! But I think the quilting will just be 'stitch in the ditch'. 



I had 6 Liberty hexagons to attach (I still stitch them) to the papers, so this evening I did that and then played with layouts. I want to make a cushion with them and was hoping to get a symmetrical layout that used all 30 of the hexagons that were in the kit that I bought from the Liberty shop. 
But there were either 1-3 left over or not enough to complete a proposed layout...


Time to put them away and await inspiration! Lol

10 comments:

Maria said...

Lots of lovely projects there Maria.
Hope you have your needles clicking fast soon !!

Lin said...

Such a shame about the RSI Maria - maybe less gardening and more sewing!! Great pictures - what a wonderful collection - maybe you will have to cut a liberty hexie in half? would that work? xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sorry to read about the RSI...take care and I do love all your projects...

Susan said...

Oh No - thats darn old RSI- the worst thing that can happen not a crafter...I'd rather break a foot/ankle!!
If you need more Liberties - I think the shop at Cleveland may be able to help - a long drive I know but...Such generous souls who do all that knitting sewing & crocheting..

Cath said...

Great effort for the night Maria...hope the wrist gets better soon.

Vireya said...

Oh, no! I hope your wrist recovers quickly.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh no! I hope you are all healed soon. Great projects Maria. Take care x

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria. Sorry to hear about your health issue, especially when you enjoy your crafts so much. Hope you manage to get the strength back very soon.

retdairyqueen said...

Take care and hope you are better real soon

Rosie said...

Gorgeous projects. Hope the RSI improves soon.