Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

On my mind...carbon credits

Being Friday in Australia, I will join other bloggers who do the feature, 'On my mind' through Rhonda Jean's blog http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/2011/04/on-my-mind.html?
American Airlines for our internal US flight

The New York subway that we used several times a day!
I feel a little bit guilty because in a very recent post, Rhonda Jean commented that flying is not good for the environment and she no longer travels that way. In a recent interview, Dr David Suzuki was asked if he was ever going to come back to Australia to speak to audiences. He said that he now had enough carbon credits and would be able to justify a trip some time soon. So why do I feel guilty??? DH and I have been travelling in the last 4 weeks and so far we've had 2 flights and have hired 2 cars to drive around the US. We have no carbon credits but have been using public transport in places like LA, SF and NY. We've walked a fair bit too. I guess I'd better check out more information about carbon credits. I do make the effort at home to reduce, re-use and recycle and to do without if something is not necessary. But perhaps I need to do more!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I think we all could do more; but don't feel guilty. Life is also about experiences and I hope that you have enjoyed your time here in the U.S.A. It sounds like you DO DO a lot on your home front to reduce your footprint.

Susan said...

You're on holiday - a holiday you would have both worked hard for, and looked forward to. Enjoy it without feeling guilty :D)

Thanks for sharing all your experiences and beaut photos.