Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Wool on Sunday...

Joining in with Rainbow Hare’s blog and Janine’s monthly feature, Wool on Sunday. https://rainbowhare.com/category/wool-on-sundays/
So what yarny things did I get up to in May? Most of what I did was for the charity I belong to...especially after I read these posts from the founder of K4BN on the group’s Facebook page. 



And...


But what about this post? This sort of thing breaks my heart...


So firstly some items I’ve made from donated squares;-
A baby blanket made with squares from Cheryl E


A large blanket mainly made with squares from Susan W



I had 5 of Susan’s squares left over...


So I’ve spent a week or so crocheting the 25 granny squares needed to make up 30. So I’ve crocheted in the car and at Trivia night at the RSL club as well as in front of the telly or sitting in the sun on the verandah 😉





And I’ve now got a bundle of 25 to make another blanket! 


And I thought I’d share some photos of a K4BN Knit and Natter...
 


This is at the Zillmere Community Centre and here are some of the May donations...it’s amazing what this group contributes to make life a little better for those in need.


So while we watch the first State of Origin match for 2019 with DH yelling at the TV ( coaching points maybe?) I’ll calmly keep on crocheting 🧶😆. 




7 comments:

Jackie said...

You all do such wonders with handing out everything. It breaks my heart to know that there are people in this world in need. Governments have a way of defunding those services that help the most people.

Maria, you and the ladies are angels.

God bless.

Lin said...

Fantastic work K4BN does Maria - always amazed at what you all make. Nice work with your blankets. xx

Maria said...

What a wonderful pile of knitted/crochet blankets make by many ladies at K4BN group. Will keep many in need warm this winter.
Huge thank to all.

angela said...

Fantastic effort ladies
I can crochet while the AFL is playing. Too busy yelling myself lol

Michelle Ridgway said...

You are all wonderful Maria! The need is so great and heartbreaking but comfort has been given to many xxx

mamasmercantile said...

It is heartbreaking to read that so many people are in need. Thank goodness for people like you...

Nanette said...

Lovely work as always on the blankets Maria, and you and K4BN are great at making sure as many people as possible are able to be nice and warm.