Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2018

Someone Turned 1 in May!

Yes, DD2's daughter had her first birthday in May; that year had certainly flown! After DH and I came back from our holiday, I had 2 weeks to make the birthday bunting that I promised DD2 I would make for Holly. I finished it with 4 days to spare!

I was determined that the bunting would be made from fabric I already had. So a remnant of cotton garbadine, 2 hand dyed pink fat quarters and a remnant of 'cupcake fabric' became Holly's birthday banner. And of course...some buttons. This time I used 'cake' buttons and on the first letters of the 3 words on the banner, I sewed a 'fairy' button to the letter. ( DD2 loved 'anything fairies' when she was a little girl 😉)


It was quite a party...but I've noticed that children's parties are tending to be quite 'big affairs' these days...
There was a jumping castle...it was actually a very clever idea of DD2 to hire the castle as it was a great hit with the large number of children who attended the party.





The birthday girl was a bit young to 'navigate' the jumping castle on her own so daddy helped out...



There was also bubble blowing to do. Uncle Ads gave Anthea a hand there too...

A birthday candle to blow out...

It was a rainbow cake!


We all had a lovely afternoon...
And finishing with a photo of the birthday girl resplendent in her rainbow skirt...


________________________________________________________________________________

Things aren't too great in Blogland lately. Most of you would have read about the problems with comments not being emailed to the blogger's Inbox and many of us are flummoxed by new Privacy Laws in the European Community. (Honestly, I don't know if my blog has Cookies)  
And here in my little corner of Blogland, I'm once again having problems with Blogger. The version I use is one I paid for too, but since the last update ( and doesn't an iPad nag you if you don't do the updates???) Blogger is very contrary about uploading photos. So...once again I am emailing photos from my iPad so I can save the photos on the PC and then insert the photos in the web version of Blogger...takes the joy out of blogging with all that hoo ha!

6 comments:

Nanna Chel said...

Maria, I am not sure about what we are supposed to do regarding those EO privacy laws. I am not having any problems with uploading photos etc. but I know a few people are having problems with their comments. Wow that was a big party for a one year old!

Dorothy said...

Happy belated birthday dear Holly. Isn't she a real cutie and looks so happy with her new walker/activity thingy. You did well with the bunting and I'm sure it will be a treasured piece of memorabilia. Wow what a cake too - yum.

Jackie said...

Love the banner!! You find the neatest buttons.

Happy belated birthday to Holly. Her rainbow skirt is adorable.

I use my computer mostly for blogging (once in awhile the tablet) and every once in awhile blogger will only let me upload "X" number of pictures. So I end up dividing them into two blogs. That is if I remember.

God bless.

angela said...

Happy birthday little princess
Yes blogger can be a huge pain In the posterior
I’m just going to assume that we all have cookies, and let it go at that
I’ve not had problems, as yet, loading pics
Maybe do a hard restart of your iPad and see if that works. It fixes like ninety percent of issues for me

Michelle Ridgway said...

Big happy birthday to your little sweetie xx Definitely a pain all this stuff with Blogger!

Happy Retiree's Kitchen said...

What a wonderful party Maria.She is a beautiful little 1 year old. Your bunting is very attractive, you are obviously talented. Yes certainly very interesting times in Blogland. I am not having problems with loading photos on my laptop, but I always need to check the Comments Moderation box now. Pauline