Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2016

Wool on Sundays...

Once again joining in with Janine from the Rainbow Hare blog for Wool on Sunday. But I'm not writing a post about my knitting projects.
This week I'm writing a post about the lovely knitting that a man called Rob does for K4BN (Knitting for Brisbane's Needy). Rob regularly drops off finished items to me so I can hand them in for him. The previous time he left a bag full of items I asked him if he would like some donated yarns. People often donate big bags of yarn. And it so it was a month ago I was able to get 2 bags of 8 ply yarns for him that had been brought along to the Scarborough Knit and Natter. 
Today Rob dropped in 3 items he has knitted using some of that yarn...all adult sizes which is wonderful!


And he also brought over a rose from his garden for me...how lovely! 

And the Rose has the most beautiful fragrance.
Thank you for all those enquiries about how my foot/ankle is healing. I guess every day there is improvement. I still have the 'dirty toes' bruises and the foot is still swollen but no where near like it was a week ago. I still have the 'ring of Saturn' around the ankle and that part is still quite sore. On Wednesday I report to my GP who will organise some more X-rays. 
I still can't really walk without the moon boot. So it will be interesting to see how things go during the coming week. And it all happened 'in a flash'...

8 comments:

Noela said...

Hope you get some relief with your foot soon. The foot I hurt in December is still giving me grief if I'm on it for too long. The bruising on yours is taking a while to disappear. Getting older isn't much fun is it?. Hugs.....

Jackie said...

That bruising is taking a bit of time to disappear. I hope the next series of xrays goes well and the doctor sees great strides in healing.

God bless.

Cynthia said...

Someone will really enjoy that beautiful knitting. Hats off to Rob!
I'm glad to see your foot is healing. Hope you are able soon to abandon the boot as I'm sure that will be very freeing.

Nanna Chel said...

What amazing knitting Rob does! I believe it is more common for men overseas to knit than here. A great skill to have I must say. I hope you continue to heal, Maria.

angela said...

What a lovely clever man. Your foot still looks very painful. As long as there are no open wounds. Rub some arnica cream into it. It really helps with swelling a bruising. And penetrates deep. Helps speed up healing.

Anonymous said...

So sorry that you are still suffering after your accident.
I love the jumpers - they will keep somebody warm as the weather turns cold.
It's a wonderful thing to do.
Hope you get on alright at the Doc's this week.

margaret said...

your foot is still looking sore one draw back to getting older it takes so much longer for the healing process. Had an enormous bruise on my arm in august not a clue how I got it but it still has not faded completely

What a great knitter loving the jumper with the cable on it

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Rob sounds amazing! How can he knit so fast? And bringing roses too! Tell him he has many fans in blogland now and I'm sure also among the lucky people who receive his wonderful knits. Thank you very much for linking this post with Wool on Sundays :)