Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2015

Last Sunday...


Last Sunday was a busy day for DH and I...
Our parish church was filled with red balloon to celebrate Pentacost. Parishioners are encouraged to also wear red for this service each year...but I forgot! Lol. 


After lunch we headed off to an 80th birthday party. 
The party was at the Geebung Bowls Club...
The birthday girl and I met 14 years ago when we were both teaching at an inner city school. We very quickly became good friends. I expected to see lots of people I knew at this party, but that was not the case. The guest list had been carefully selected and I realised it was quite an honour to have received an invitation...we were all considered to be special friends. Some of us were more recent friends, others went back to Lee's school days and others, all those years in between.
My friend is what you would call 'a real character'; always a supportive friend and lots of fun! 
Lee had us all laughing...
Friends also had some 'stories' to tell...

Lee's Irish son in law also had us laughing...

The cutting of the cake...but not the cake the guests would get to eat....
We each got a specially made cupcake to take home. These cakes were made by one of Lee's friends...

A photo of Lee and I. Lee and I job shared for 3 years...she did Fridays.
And after this party DH and I had one more event to attend...family dinner at my niece's to catch up with my Sydney based nephew and his wife who were visiting. The menu that night was Mexican and my contribution was 2 salads. One salad my niece asked for was Mexican coleslaw. What the? I had never heard of that, so 'googled' it. Eventually chose a Jamie Oliver version...it turned out really yummy with a simple dressing of lime juice and olive oil. 

2 comments:

margaret said...

what a wonderful get together. Good to see that you used a Jamie Oliver recipe I am a big an of his

Mizumatte said...

that's interesting, why is the red colour of pentacost at your church? take care Jaana