Search This Blog

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Yet another blog post about Easter...

When I made the hexie Easter Tablerunner for Cheryl, I had some scrappy bits left over from cutting hexagons out of the pack of charm squares.
While I was still making the runner, I was thinking of ways to use those scraps. I had really liked the Red Brolly design Easter Basket that I had seen on Bronwyn's blog. I went and bought the magazine that it had been published in...and then made my own version using those scraps. ( as some us are known to do :-/ )


I cut the scraps into strips and sewed them together with a charm square or two and some jelly roll scraps...

A pink one for Lucy and blues/greens for her little brother Max.
Last week I had dropped into Lincraft in the city after meeting friends for coffee earlier. The remnant bin always has a strong magnetic pull where I'm concerned, and I couldn't resist this bunny fabric scrap.

I used it for the lining of the baskets...it was perfect for Easter. And gradually this project took shape.
 I was a bit rushed for time so used a black marker for the little faces, instead of embroidery.


I've called them 'Starter packs for Easter Egg Hunts'...
Complete with some eggs, bunnies and of course, bunny ears. 
Next time I may follow Bronwyn's pattern as it is lovely! Lol. 

10 comments:

Maria said...

What fantastics Starter Baskets... I am sure Lucy and her brother will love them...

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful Maria. They will be able to use them for Easters to come

Christine M said...

Your bunny baskets are gorgeous, Maria. Happy Easter. xx

Jeanette said...

Beautiful baskets Maria. Hugs,xx

Bev C said...

Hello Maria,

These are rather cute, the little ones will love using them.

Happy Easter.
Bev.

Noela said...

They are gorgeous Maria. Have a Happy Easter. Hugs.....

doodles n daydreams said...

These are lovely and I'm sure the kids will enjoy them.

Diana

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria oh those bags are so cute,happy Easter my friend xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So very cute x

Susan said...

These are so cute and what a great use for the "Scraps"