Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Wool on New Year’s Day!

Or should that just be, Wool on Friday? What’s my latest finish in all things yarny? 
A few weeks before Christmas, I finished a knitted baby blanket which was to be a gift to DsD1’s friend Amy whose first baby was due before Christmas. The parents knew the gender of their coming baby but preferred to keep it a surprise for the rest of us. 
I’d worked with a particular variegated Holiday yarn with pretty shades before, and had 2x100g in the ‘stash’, so decided to use it with some white Stylecraft Special, to make a simple ripple striped blanket. 
Baby Alyssa surprised everyone by arriving a little earlier than expected, but another week of knitting saw the project finished. 


I’m glad I chose that yarn as the colours go just perfectly with the white. 
Before I wrapped it, DH decided to ‘model’ it for me. 😁


I’m having a lovely quiet day this New Year’s Day. Being a Friday, DH is off playing golf so I’m enjoying just pottering...a bit of knitting, some packing away of Christmas decorations, sharing morning tea with Jimmy the dog, some decluttering, a lot of thinking about what I can do in the garden this year, a bit of reading...it’s amazing how much pottering one can fit into the 6 hours while DH is out golfing! 🤣


10 comments:

angela said...

Happy new year the blanket is beautiful
Oh my yes. When the hubby is out of the house lots gets accomplished

Bette said...

The blanket is perfect for a baby! Such sweet colors!

Gail said...

Such a lovely blanket for a baby! Glad to see you back in blogland! Happy 2021!

mamasmercantile said...

DH makes a great model, the blanket was a delight. Happy New Year, every blessing.

Kate said...

It's a beautiful blanket and your good looking model is doing a good job. ^^

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Happy New Year! Your baby blanket looks lovely. That variegated yarn goes really well with the white in that pattern. I hope that 2021 will bring health, happiness and a return to normal life for you and your family :)

Jackie said...

Happy New Year. The baby blanket is so very pretty. That is very close to the pattern I always choose to make baby blankets.

God bless.

Maria said...

What a beautiful crocheted blanket, lucky baby...
Wishing you all the best for 2021 Maria XXX

Lin said...

Another beauty Maria. Happy New Year. xx

Susan said...

another gorgeous blanket

was it productive "pottering" though ??? LOL