Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Wool on Sunday

On the first Sunday of each month I usually join in with another blogger’s ‘Wool on Sunday’ post where anything to do with yarn can be written up as a blog post and linked via a widget on the Rainbow Hare blog.
I’m a bit late but nevertheless here’s my first WoS post for 2019.
Firstly my most recent finish; the throw I started in late November.


Yeah...similar colours to others I’ve made lol. This year ‘the plan’ is to continue to make similar throws to use up the yarn stash, especially oddments of yarn. I made quite a few last year but there’s still a lot of yarn to use up. 
Next in this post is a big surprise from DsD1 who crossstitched this for me for Christmas. She only took up stitching in the latter part of last year...


I suspect it’s a take on the ‘Live fast and die young.....’ line uttered by John Derek in the 1949 movie ‘ Knock on Any Door’ although also sometimes (wrongly) attributed to James Dean according to Google 😉. 

And DsD2 and her husband gave me some beautiful hand dyed yarn which they bought in New Zealand. 




On the needles at the moment is yet another chevron garter stitch throw. There’s a lot of sport on TV here in Australia at the moment which DH watches for hours with the aircon going so I sit and knit in the lovely cool room with him. Unlike him I don’t shout at the TV or give coaching advice to the players. Lol 


6 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Another beautiful throw Maria, very pretty colour combination.

Vireya said...

Is there some possum in that NZ yarn? It should be very soft and warm if there is.

Lin said...

Great throw Maria, those colours always look fantastic. The hand dyed yarn looks gorgeous too. I have an armchair ref too! xx

Jackie said...

I am doing the same thing. Trying to use up all the odd bits of yarn in the stash. Your throw looks like the colours were planned much better than anything of mine.

God bless.

Sue (this n that) said...

your colour combinations are gorgeous Maria... the throw is stunning!
lol at the cross stitch - most apt :D)
beautiful wool too, those colours!!
Cheers and hope the weather is being kind to you

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your blanket looks lovely. You made very quick of it. And I love the cross stitch. It made me laugh out loud :D